Work with us

Scotland House Stage Programmes

Scotland Europa and the Scottish Government EU Office are responsible for representing Scotland’s political, economic, social, environmental and cultural interests to the Institutions and Member States of the European Union and wider diplomatic, economic and European partners in and around Brussels. Both organisations are located together in Scotland House.

Scotland House operates an 11 month stage (internship) programme, offering 3 recent graduates the opportunity to gain professional experience in Brussels in EU policy and event management. This is a unique opportunity to develop your professional skills, working in the heart of the Brussels EU quarter across a wide range of activities and to play an integral part in developing our Brussels office.

We also operate a shared stage scheme in partnership with the City of London Corporation, focusing on EU financial services policy, administrative tasks and event management. The Stagiaire will spend approximately 80% of the working week with the City of London Corporation, and the remaining 20% working alongside three full-time Scotland House EU Policy and Events Stagiaires.

The City of London Corporation Office in Brussels strengthens relationships between the City and the EU institutions and Member States, working closely with Scottish Financial Enterprise. It focuses on cross-sectoral issues in which pan-EU policy making could affect the competitiveness of international financial services.