Employment Opportunity – Post Doctorate Research Fellow
Scottish Enterprise and VisitScotland are partnering with the University of Edinburgh on an EU funded project to encourage mobility of academic research fellows between countries.
The project has 3 years of funding for a researcher to focus on tourism forecasting.
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria as listed below. These conditions are designed to encourage the mobility of fellows between countries.
- Applicants must, at the date of the application deadline (30 April 2019), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years full-time equivalent research experience.
- Applicants must, at the date of the application deadline (30 April 2019), have no more than ten years’ experience since defending their PhD (career breaks for parental leave, sickness absence or army service are excluded)
- At the date of the application deadline (30 April 2019), the applicant must not have resided or carried out their main work activity (including studying) in the UK for more than 12 months in the past 3 years (not counting holidays or short stays).
- For researchers returning from a career break, a slightly modified mobility criterion can be used, that at the date of the application deadline (30 April 2019) the applicant must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the UK for more than 36 months in the 5 years immediately prior to the application deadline. To qualify as returning from a career break the applicant must not have been active in research for at least 12 months immediately prior to application deadline, as determined by fellowships or employment contracts in the research area.
- Applicants must submit a research proposal that ties in with one of 6 research themes
- Applicants require the support of an academic supervisor at the University of Edinburgh
- Applicants must submit an Ethical Issues Form. In the event of a research proposal being contrary to Horizon 2020 ethical principles, UK legislation or to UK Research Council policy or the policy of the host department, the application will be removed from the process, the candidate informed and given the opportunity to appeal.
- Applicants must secure support from a private sector partner in the form of secondments, mentorship or other types of cooperation.
The application deadline is 30 April 2019.
The advertisement for the position can be found here: http://www.docs.csg.ed.ac.uk/HumanResources/TrainED/Tourism.pdf