EU project support
European Union funding in the 2014-2020 programmes plays an important role in supporting sustainable economic growth in Scotland. European projects can make a real difference to the work of Scottish organisations, the competitiveness of Scottish businesses and the lives of Scottish citizens.
Scotland Europa helps members to understand the funding programmes, identify opportunities and develop projects for European funding. Our services include:
- Regular updates on funding programmes and related policy developments
- Organising information events and workshops
- Providing access to transnational partners
- Liaison with UK national contact points and the European Commission
- Providing extensive support to applicants throughout the project lifecycle
- Providing advice on specific compliance issues, prior to the submission of claims
Once a funding opportunity is identified, Scotland Europa can assist with review of ideas and advice on development of the project and the application.
We provide support with the following funding instruments:
- European Structural and Investment Funds
- Territorial Cooperation (INTERREG) – Scotland Europa provides the Scottish National Contact Point service for the Cross Border programme between Northern Ireland, Border Region of Ireland and Western Scotland, and maintains close contact with the network of UK National Contact Points for other programmes.
- Competitiveness and SMEs (COSME) – In addition, the Enterprise Europe Network, which provides information and partnering services to businesses, is financed by COSME and the Scottish arm Enterprise Europe Scotland is hosted by Scottish Enterprise.
- Research & Innovation Framework Programme (Horizon 2020)
- LIFE programme for the environment and climate action – We organise information events on behalf of the Scottish Focus Group on EU Funding for the Environment, which brings in the Scottish Government, the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, Scottish Natural Heritage, Marine Scotland and the Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Erasmus+ programme for education, training, youth and sport
- Other funding programmes (Creative Europe, Employment and Social Innovation)
- Financial instruments